Friday, December 30, 2005

Dinner With A Friend

Wednesday evening was a good evening. Lynn and I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours with some friends from Illinois; Randy & Barb Sands from Hillsboro. Actually, Randy and I were colleagues in the Gateway Conference there. He is the pastor of Hillsboro Free Methodist Church.

While in Gateway there were a handful of pastors that I felt a special connection with - a kindred spirit. Randy was one. Bruce Cromwell, Rob Kirkham, Darrel Riley (my new Superintendent here now) and Greg Nitchman were all men that served with me as district leaders there. We spent great time together in our meetings every month, traveled together every year to places like Orlando, Oklahoma City, Ohio for meetings. Ahh....good times.

But alas...here I am. And it was so refreshing to spend time with Randy & Barb & their kids eating steak at Logans and meeting Barb's family who all live here in Augusta. Familiar faces...familiar voices...shared memories here in this unfamiliar place.

Love and miss ya Randy & Barb!!

2 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bill,
The pleasure was ours though I must confess... I was hoping to spend the time with just you, Lyn, Barb and me. When my inlaws asked to join us, how could I turn them down? Especially when I knew they would pay! Hee, hee! We really miss you here, my friend! Maybe we can hook up again in the summer. We usually get up there then too. I hope our paths will cross many times. For anyone who is reading this, Bill had the good fortune of being my roommate on a number of trips that he mentioned. He had to lay there at night and listen to me snor the night away! Sorry about that Bill! Just imagine, Barb lives with this. May God continue to lead you! Also, on your most recent blog, I hear ya! May we will be willing to go, do, sacrifice, give, etc. for that which God calls us to! That 16 year old boy had more guts than me!
Love ya,
Randy Sands

 
At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bill,
We may be at a great physical distance, but perhaps not so far apart as it seems. Here I am praying for you in the early hours of the morning and come across your blog. May God watch over you as you serve him.
Your Brother in Christ,
Rob Kirkham

 

Post a Comment

<< Home