Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Not About Now

I watch the CBS Evening News every evening. I'm always amazed at what percentage of the 20 minutes or so of news content is horrible, tragic news. Last night, another earthquake in the Hindu/Kush region. Four more servicemen killed in Iraq. Nuclear Iran. Race riots in Australia. The list goes on.Every time I see the news I thank God that ultimately life is not about "The Now."

Yes, we must live "in the now" but thankfully, "the now" is not all there is. Those of us who place our faith in Christ and believe the words of the Bible have this promise:

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.'He who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new!'"

If you're my fellow follower of Christ, when you watch the news tonight or read the paper tomorrow, be encouraged by this hope that awaits us as you pray for those who are suffering "in the now!"

Merry Christmas!!

1 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

One day!! What a glorious day it will be when we are with Christ! No more chaos. No more sin. Paradise isn't too far away. What do ya know, we keep getting closer and closer!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home