Monday, October 10, 2005

Closure

Hello everyone! Wow...it's been a long time since I made a post. Seems life has been really, really busy. It's Monday, October 10 and in two days I catch a flight to Illinois where I'll spend a few days brining closure to that chapter of our life.

I'll arrive late Wednesday evening. The movers are coming to pack our stuff Thursday. They're coming back to load the moving truck Friday. We'll then go over sometime Friday evening to sign the deed on our house for the closing on Monday. Saturday I have the honor of helping conduct a wedding for two very special people at New Prairie; Joe & Amber. We'll spend some time with my folks Saturday afternoon. Then Sunday morning we'll get in the car and drive together back to Augusta. Hopefully, if all goes well, our moving truck will arrive sometime Tuesday.

The past two months have been soooo long. Being apart from Lynn and trying to start this new chapter without her here has really been wearing on me. We're finally bringing closure to our time in Illinois, but to be honest, I don't know what to look forward to. I feel like we've come here for one reason...just to get a paycheck every other week. I don't know what to look for down the road. That's kind of difficult. I'm the kind of person who needs to feel like I'm always moving toward something...some purpose...some calling...some destiny. When I don't see anything on the horizon, it's easy for me to begin despairing over how quickly life passes and how short of a time we really have to make our days matter.

I've resumed working on my family tree (an on-and-off project for about 15 years) and have been reminded of that fact over and over again as I see the lives of my ancestors represented by nothing more than a few scraps of paper hidden away at a courthouse somewhere. We're born, we die...it all happens so quickly and I wonder how much of that time we actually spend "living." Does our time on this earth really have any lasting impact? Thankfully it's almost that time of year for "It's A Wonderful Life" to be on television like a hundred times. Sounds like I need to see it again.

One life-long dream that I've had is to write a book. Last week I spent a whole Sunday sitting at the Barnes & Noble Starbucks writing and by the time I finished I had written the introduction and first chapter of "Magnetic North." The title won't make any sense to you without reading the book, so buy it when it comes out! :-) I'll give you a hint: Zechariah 8:23 "In those days ten men from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, 'let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you.'"

Shortly after Lynn gets here we're participating in Weekend To Remember which is a marriage enrichment conference. Should be a good time. Also, the Friday after we get back here we're going to see Jars of Clay, Chris Rice, and Sarah Groves in concert. Should be a good show.

Pray for us as we end one chapter and begin another. Not sure where this chapter will lead us.

1 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger ann said...

Bill, I can't wait to see you at the wedding this weekend. I hope that the closure of your time in Carbondale goes well...

...Can't wait to read your book. Shoot me a sample via email or something sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home