Saturday, August 27, 2005

Really Need To Be In Bed...But

It's 12:19 am eastern time Saturday morning. I am soooo exhausted. It's a combination of things really. Starting a new job is always stressful, although I've not had the cluster headaches I usually have when I change workplaces. Being away from Lynn is stressful. My internal clock refuses to reset to eastern time. And on top of all of this I can't seem to sleep well at night. So...why am I not in bed? I dunno.

I didn't eat dinner last night because I didn't feel like cooking. This evening I finally just put frozen pizza in the oven. I'm not eating well...which is contributing to my fatigue. I get to sleep in tomorrow but I plan to go into the office for a couple of hours to decorate my office so it will reflect "me." My office will be a sanctuary of sorts...not just for me, but others. I want it to feel comfortable, hospitable, a place people will enjoy coming to just to sit and chat a bit. This is how the crucial relationships will begin; hopefully opening doors to share deeper spiritual things with them.

Ann Sattley and I have been chatting a bit this evening online. She has taken over a project I began; an online community called CarbondaleChristians.net. She's done a great job! She's also the webmaster for the New Prairie Community of Faith website. Ann and her husband Matt came into our lives in early 2004 when they visited New Prairie for the first time. Almost from the beginning they have been servants in the truest sense of the word; always thinking of the needs of others above their own. Lynn and I will miss them so much.

What irony! I got an e-mail from a pastor in the Gateway Conference in Illinois (which I belonged to before moving) that he has been selected as the new superintendent over the Georgia Conference of the Free Methodist Church. He and I had a strong connection in Illinois and I had recently asked him to be a coach of sorts to me...but then I moved. But now he's coming here as my superintendent. I'm amazed at how God weaves relationships together!

Ok...it's 12:30 and I'm crashing. I'm outta here. Remember, the only thing worse than a three legged dog is a flamingo without a beak.

Whatever.

1 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger ann said...

Bill, you really are too flattering...you must need sleep after all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home